Our alliance structure
Our alliances enable VCSE organisations, groups and individuals to come together to:
- share challenges and opportunities
- provide peer support
- collaborate with each other and our statutory sector partners.
We use these forums to bid for funding, design services, collaborate on issues of sector importance, undertake research and lobby for change.
- Each alliance has between 10 and 60 VCSE organisations participating. These range from small food growing community groups to our larger organisations, managing significant mental health services.
- They set their own agenda and workplan as well as responding to issues in the wider environment.
- They have a budget which enables them to participate in and commission pieces of work. (e.g. co-designing a VCSE early-years service, supporting development of a food access strategy or bidding for ICB contracts.)
- Our strategic alliance focuses on cross-sector issues and helps Cornwall VSF and other infrastructure organisations direct our work. (e.g. workforce wellbeing, resilience and development.)
Our Strategic Alliance
The Strategic Alliance in Cornwall is made up of community organisation leaders.
Our CEO, Emma Rowse chairs the Strategic Alliance.
In 2020, when the pandemic began, Cornwall VSF formed this Alliance to help communities that were affected the most.
Each member of the Strategic Alliance is a system leader who represents part of the community sector.
Our thematic alliances
Our thematic alliances come together around a specific theme. For example, to eradicate homelessness, food poverty, or to support people with a disability. Thematic alliances also help charities to strengthen their engagement and work together to improve outcomes for Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly residents.
Each thematic alliance is chaired by a leader of a community organisation in Cornwall, voted in as Chair by members of the alliance. Alliances receive support from Cornwall VSF in the form of a dedicated Engagement Officer. We also add communications support and financial remuneration for their time and commitment to the cause.
Upcoming alliance meetings
Our alliances are open to all member organisations to join
If you want more information about joining an alliance, contact our Engagement team.