Working together to end homelessness
In Cornwall, more and more people live in poverty and are struggling to make ends meet, with many finding themselves homeless.
To help address this crisis, we are committed to opening an Emmaus Community in Cornwall and to help facilitate this, we are looking to develop innovative and sustainable social enterprises.
We have recently established the first such enterprise, a Tree Nursery on a site leased to us by Trewithen Estate.
At this pivotal time in our development, we are seeking a dynamic Chair to help set our strategic direction in terms of our social enterprises and who has the drive, personality and networks to promote the importance of an Emmaus Community in Cornwall and to help make this vision a reality.
The Chair will lead and be fully supported by a Board of enthusiastic Trustees, with a range of skills and experience and will have the opportunity to complement that team by overseeing the recruitment of additional Trustees with the necessary passion and expertise.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Prior senior leadership experience within an organisation of similar scale and complexity
- Experience sustaining and managing multiple relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Experience of leading strategy and setting a vision
- Experience of managing risk at a senior level
- A strong knowledge of the charity sector; highly attuned to sector wide challenges
- Awareness of charity governance and legislation
- Substantial experience of working with a board of trustees; with a strong understanding of the role of Chair
Are you ready for this exciting challenge? If you are interested in joining us at this fascinating, formative stage we will be delighted to receive an application from you.
Emmaus recognise the positive value of diversity, promotes equality and challenges discrimination. We welcome and encourage Trustee applications from people of all backgrounds.
Full details, including the role requirements and person specification are available to download below.
For a confidential conversation about the opportunity to join the Board of Emmaus Cornwall, please contact our retained recruiter Anna Jay at Public Leaders Appointments: [email protected] or 07904 236348.
- Closing Date for Applications: midday Friday 30th June 2023
- Interviews will be held on: Thursday 13th and Friday 14th July