Cornwall Youth Work Collective (CYWC) is just that, a collective of youth work providers in Cornwall which includes local authority and voluntary and community sector.
CYWC is seeking to appoint 15 Young Ambassadors aged 16-25 from a variety of geographical areas across Cornwall, who represent the needs of young people in the county. We encourage applications from young people from all communities of need including neuro-divergence, LGBTQI+, Black and Ethnic Minorities, disabled young people and care experienced young people.
- Lived experience of accessing youth work provision is desirable, although not essential.
- The ability to communicate effectively with young people from a variety of different backgrounds and who may experience a range of learning needs.
- The ability to ask for help when needed.
- The confidence to express own views appropriately in a group setting.
- The ability to work flexibly (in agreement with Development Coordinator) to meet demands of the role.
- A commitment and passion to improving the lives of young people in Cornwall.
- A commitment to learning new skills.
- A passion for equality – a recognition that young people are all different and all equal.
- A commitment to ensuring that the work is inclusive of all young people’s needs.
- A commitment to upholding and raising awareness of children’s rights as set out in the UN Convention on the rights of the child (UNCRC).
Application closing date 29 December with interviews being held week commencing 9 January (this will be a small group interview followed by a short one-to-one).
How to apply
To apply, please answer the questions below:
- What has motivated you to apply for this role?
- What is your experience or knowledge of youth provision in Cornwall?
- Please give an example of where you have used excellent communication skills.
- Please describe a time when you’ve had to ask for help with something you were struggling with.
- Please give an example of how teamwork has helped you achieve something.
Written applications should be sent to [email protected] along with a completed applicant information form which can be downloaded below.
Alternatively they can be uploaded, along with audio or video applications, via the link below.