Your browser is no longer supported. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.

The Steel Charitable Trust

Grants of between £2,500 and £25,000 are available for UK registered charities and Charitable Incorporated Organisations working in the areas of the arts and heritage, economic and/or social disadvantage, education, health and the environment.

Who can apply: UK registered charities, exempt charities (such as municipally funded museums or schools) and Charitable Incorporated Organisations (CIOs). Applications from Bedfordshire and, more specifically, Luton charitable organisations are especially welcomed.

Key Words: Core Costs, Capital Costs, Project Costs, Research, Arts, Economic and Social Disadvantage, Education, Environment, Health, Heritage, Bedfordshire, Luton, United Kingdom.

The Steel Charitable Trust makes one-off grant awards to UK registered charities for projects that make a significant impact in the areas of:

  • Arts.
  • Economic disadvantage.
  • Education.
  • Environment.
  • Health.
  • Heritage, and/or
  • Social disadvantage.

Grants can cover project costs, capital costs, core costs and research. Applications from Bedfordshire and – particularly – charitable organisations in Luton are especially welcomed. In the past, the Trust has consistently awarded around 30% of its grants to Luton/Bedfordshire charitable organisations and the remaining 70% to organisations across the UK.

Read more