As the Community Engagement Tutor, you will be responsible for coordinating delivery to young learners aged 16-24 with an Education and Health Care Plan. The role includes coordinating and leading a practical day, tailored to individual learner interests, which involves community-facing activities – these could be internal and external. You will also be responsible for directing and supervising Education Support Assistants (ESAs) who work with small groups of learners on that day. This role is based at our Truro provision, currently on a Wednesday, and involves one day of delivery and an additional 2 hours of planning time each week.
- Teaching qualification and with SEN experience
- Knowledge and experience of working with learners with varying learning needs
- Strong organisational and communication skills
- Ability to adapt strategies to accommodate different abilities
- A passion for helping young learners achieve their full potential
- Developing community-based activities which are fun, engaging and meaningful.
Please note you will be required to apply for an Enhanced DBS check if appointed.
We would strongly encourage you to contact us for an informal chat about this post or to arrange a visit to our provision.
Please contact Anna Brown or Martin Prodger on 07543 161967 / 07732 604467.
See the recruitment page of our website for further details, including a Role Profile, and how to apply. We regret CVs cannot be accepted.
Application forms should be sent to [email protected]