The role includes:
- Supporting adults with mild binge eating disorder to reduce their binge eating behaviour and regain control of their eating.
- To facilitate and provide a guided self-help programme grounded in cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT) and other evidence-based treatments via a group programme and 1-1 support.
- To provide psychoeducation around binge eating, encouraging service users to source more adaptive ways of coping.
- To establish positive client engagement and input and encourage a motivational environment and the use of self-monitoring.
- To manage a defined caseload under direct clinical supervision and to use supervision effectively in considering an individual’s on-going suitability for the programme.
- To refer people to higher levels of intervention when required.
- To connect service users with community resources, support groups and activities that enhance their overall wellbeing.
- To build and maintain positive relationships with key partner agencies and programme staff.
- To plan programme delivery for service users, such as organising group meetings, liaising with venues, organising appropriate equipment and materials.
If you have any questions or wish to discuss this role in more detail, please contact [email protected]
Download the application pack and form to apply.