An exciting opportunity has arisen in the Volunteer Service Team. Care Now Volunteers (CNV) is looking for a Volunteer Coordinator to cover the West of Cornwall. CNV has been operational since 2022 and became a registered charity in September 2023. CNV focuses on recruiting compassionate people who want to make a difference and volunteer in a Care Home setting. Th eir vision is to transform the wellbeing of residents and volunteers alike together with supporting workforce development within the health sector.
The purpose of this job is to enhance the Care Now Volunteer Service, in local communities within the West Integrated Care Area (ICA). The coordinator will develop and implement strategies to recruit and retain volunteers. They will meet volunteer targets whilst building relationships with volunteers, Care Homes and various partners. The role is varied and will require someone who is confident and a good communicator and who can coordinate between Care Homes, Volunteers, charities and other VCSO organisations.
They will need to be an ambassador for CNV and take ownership of this volunteer outreach programme to actively promote CNV and raise awareness of the service and the many benefits volunteering can bring. They will then need to support the volunteers and provide that all important ‘volunteer care’.
We would welcome a person who is flexible with sector knowledge, who understand the roles and risks, alongside experience of working with volunteers and local communities.
This is a part-time position; consisting of 16 hours / week with the expectation you will be home-based. You will need to have access to a car and be mobile when required for occasional visits to meet Volunteers, Care Providers and Partners.
- Excellent communication skills are essential in this role to build and maintain meaningful relationships with volunteers, Care Homes and Partners.
- Actively engage with volunteers, stakeholders and care services, allowing you to recruit, deploy and support volunteers and Care Homes with volunteer placements.
- Good presentational skills and the ability to communicate to a range of audiences.
- Be able to work alongside other charities and warm hubs in targeted communities within NHS ICA West.
- Have good IT skills, be confident using Microsoft products such as Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Learn how to use our volunteer database, adding volunteer information, keep information and records accurate and up to date.
- Good social media skills are desirable for managing our socials and assisting with any social media / marketing campaigns.
- Managing the Care Now Volunteers inbox and answering any enquiries that may arise.
- Ensure that Care Now Volunteers supports its volunteers, providing that all important ‘volunteer care’ programme to meet our obligations.
- Ensure all CNV policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Continually review aspects of the service and be creative and innovative in areas that require service improvement.
- Be willing to undertake all other reasonable duties as directed by the Service Manager or Trustees.
- Have some care sector knowledge is a distinct advantage
- Have an appropriate awareness of Health & Safety, Diversity, Safeguarding and Data Security & Protection regulations
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to manage volunteers and volunteer programmes
- Proficient in social media management platforms for promoting volunteer opportunities
- Leadership skills to collaborate with community partners
- Flexible, home based but mobile across the County where you are need.
- Paid mileage
Main duties and key responsibilities
To be seriously considered for this role, please have a read of the role profile including the person specification.
- Work with and support the Care Now Volunteer Service team to maintain, run and grow the Service.
- Build strong relationships with Care Homes and Volunteers alike to win hearts and minds and promote the CNV service.
- Provide admin support where necessary, reacting quickly to enquiries that may arise and checking the CNV inbox.
- Caseload management, being able to manage the volunteer pipeline and continued engagement.
- Pick up and deal with any operational issues that may arise, or escalate to management where appropriate
- Matching volunteers to opportunities which meet their needs and the requirements of the Care Homes.
- Arranging regular check-ins with volunteers and home managers
- Assisting with managing the social media marketing and campaigns and be innovative with new ideas if pipeline becomes low.
- Schedule any training appropriate for volunteers.
- Ensure volunteers on-boarding process runs smoothly, including organising DBS checks and any references where required.
- Ensuring records are accurate and kept centrally and secure.