There are around 850,000 people living with dementia in the UK with numbers set to rise to over one million by 2025 and two million by 2051. Cornwall as County is aiming to meet this challenge as a combined response, by offering training to health and social staff but also volunteers, fire fighters, police officers, retail workers or simply an interest in dementia.
This is essential training for health and social care staff, at any level, who come into contact with people living with dementia or their carers.
The training covers:
- Dementia awareness
- Dementia identification
- Dementia risk reduction and prevention
- Person centred dementia care
- Communication, interaction, behaviour in dementia care
- Health and well-being in dementia
- Pharmacological interventions and dementia
- Living well with dementia care
- Families and carers as partners in dementia care
- Equality, diversity and inclusion in dementia care
- Law ethics and safeguarding in dementia care
- End of life dementia care
- Research and evidence based practice in dementia care